The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a great collection of best practices. It is carefully organize and edit to provide readers with information and structure on how to plan, implement, maintain and improve the services they provide to their clients.
ITIL certification is owned by the State Office of Commerce (OGC) and is protected by copyrights and trademarks. The IT Service Management Association (itSMF) is the world’s leading independent, member-owned, non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and using ITIL.
When you read the original ITIL foundation book, you often hear the general thesis that “ITIL is common sense.” Yes, how did you do it?
What do you think about the ITIL foundation?
The ITIL foundation is just general logic. But unfortunately, this is rarely seen in service organizations. ITIL foundation is based on five service strategy books first published in 2007. Service Changes Service Design Continuous Improvements Services and Services Each book describes processes, procedures, maps, units of measure, and more than all organizations can track, customize, and customize to suit their needs.
Purpose of ITIL foundation
Note. The ITIL foundation does not include the wand, so the full text should be a good starting point for you and your organization. All best practices should considere base on the strategic goals of your organization. Then carefully tailor it to your business practice.
ITIL foundation has been developed by the ITIL, maintenance and operations experts, for over 20 years. This is an ITIL certification and a stepping stone to best practices. It also needs to be carefully thought out, shape and implemente within your organization to meet the needs of your business.
Actual book acceptance will never be more effective than 10% for any organization. Every place is different, every business is different. Each client is individual. Over the past decade, thousands of IT service professionals have provided feedback to support the development of OGC ITIL. So you can be sure that this is the first starting point for implementing strategic IT service management.
Over the past few years, the International Standard for Information Technology Service Management (ISO/IEC 20000) has actively develope the International Standards Council. This allows service providers to approve for such standards. This is an option, but most ISO 20000s need to implement key ITIL topics (support for ITIL services and the ITIL certification delivery process). Note. ISO 20000 does not specify ITIL certification as a prerequisite for accreditation. But it is a wise starting point for implementing best practices.
Having seen many customers over the past decade seeing various ITIL applications, here are a few basic facts about ITIL.
Basic facts about ITIL
- ITIL takes time, effort and human energy. Therefore, it has a value.
- ITIL needs qualified and experienced employees, i.e. people certified by ITIL institutions and ITIL managers.
- ITIL needed a recovery plan to own and manage the work of a small project. A lot, but still important
- ITIL needs extended and active support. No ITIL unless you buy it. It’s difficultTherefore, ITIL needs to understood at a high level.
- Therefore, the return on investment in ITIL must carefully plann and achieve.
- ITIL is “change” – it means that people change their role. People have new ways of working and communicating. Organizations are starting to connect customer feedback to the backbone of information technology/technology.
Leave a Reply