Are you getting the QuickBooks Error Message 80029c4a on screen whenever you open Quickbooks? That can be because your application is failing to load the dynamic link library (.DLL). This is one of the most common errors that happen in the software. And it is important to fix this issue as quickly as possible because it’s these dll files which allow many programs to share some similar functionalities.
DLL errors are very common in many software and not just in Quickbooks. But if not adhered properly or quickly, it can cause a few more errors. And in many cases, you might face issues like freezing of the system or Quickbooks shutting down abruptly. Therefore to prevent all this from happening, you should fix QB Error Message 80029c4a on your desktop.
What might be triggering the QB Error Message code 80029c4a?
Now a dll file can be missing or corrupted which is why this error is showing up on your screen. But then, there are many other factors too. And some of them are given below.
- It can be caused because some of the Quickbooks system files are either corrupted or missing from the software.
- If the Quickbooks application was not updated- can also cause the issue. Also, there is another reason as to when your software was updated but you failed to install the update properly or correctly.
- A corrupted Windows registry entry can also cause Error Message 80029c4a in QuickBooks. And this entry is related to the modification of the software. Maybe you might have installed or uninstalled something.
- Then, you can also experience this issue on your desktop when there is a virus or malware. This can restrict you from not only using the software to the fullest but also cause this error.
- If you have an antivirus, make sure Quickbooks is included in its “exclusion” section. That is important otherwise, your virus will mark it as a threat. And when this happens you will get multiple issues like this.
- If the dll files are missing or the Quickbooks components are not there- when you launch it; can also cause the issue. It will refrain your software from starting up correctly.
- The error can also be due to any third-party software causing an obstruction in the processing. If and when you open the software this application will obstruct the smooth functioning.
What are the symptoms of QB Error Message 80029c4a?
It always becomes easier to spot or fix an issue if you know the symptoms. The same happens with the error message code of 80029c4a in QuickBooks. You can better judge the solution once the signs or symptoms are identified.
For this error, you can check from these given below.
- It is this error if you are working on something and the program window crashes.
- If your system has high or good specs and it still keeps lagging. If you are running simple things, it still keeps responding sluggishly.
- Another sign of this error being there in your desktop is when your system keeps freezing. And this has started happening more frequently than ever.
- And one dominant sign of this error is when either you are getting the code 80029c4a or the warning message talking about the same.
These are some of the widely seen symptoms for this error. And if you are not able to still determine it- ask an expert.
Fixing the QuickBooks Error Message 80029c4a code on your desktop
If you are getting the QuickBooks Error Message 80029c4a; this means you will not be able to open the software. You will get a warning message stating “Quickbooks error 80029c4a: Error loading type library/ DLL can’t load a dynamic link library (DLL).” And if this bugs you; here is the solution to follow.
Step 1: Checking the antivirus settings
It has already been established that the antivirus can bar the usage of this software. That’s because it flags Quickbooks as a threat. And if you are using any antivirus you should put this software in its exclusions section. If any of these programs are listed in your quarantine section, it is suggested that they should get the permission to get through the firewall.
|IntuitSyncManager.exe and OnlineBackup.exe
So just open the settings of your antivirus and go to the quarantine section. Check whether any of these programs are there or not. If you spot any of these, simply give them permission. And when you next open Quickbooks, it won’t be flagged by the software.
But if in case, you still get this issue, then proceed to the next step; which is Step 2.
Step 2: Install Quickbooks Desktop
Once you have checked all that, it is time to install or reinstall Quickbooks on your desktop. Before starting up with the process, just remove Quickbooks. And then follow this solution.
For removal of Quickbooks
Here is how you can easily remove the existing Quickbooks desktop from your device.
- Go to the “Windows” start menu and navigate to the control panel. (You can also search for the same in the search bar.)
- Then click on the “programs and features” or “Uninstall a program.”
- When you see the list of options, go to the Quickbooks desktop version that has to be removed.
- And then you need to just click on “Uninstall/ change” and then “remove.”
- Click on the “next” button to finish the process.
- Install Quickbooks
Related post:-:- QuickBooks Error Code 6094
Now once you have uninstalled the older version, it is time to get the newer one. For that you will have to visit the website of Intuit and look for the same.
If you are unable to understand the steps or are having difficulty resolving the error on your own, you can call us at +1(855)-738-0359 and get assistance from our team of experts in fixing the error.
Now these are a few ways by which you can fix this issue once and for all. If you haven’t been able to find the root cause of the problem it is better that you first do that. On finding the root cause of error Message 80029c4a of QB you will be able to decide the best solution.
And if there is a problem in executing any of the steps, we would suggest that you should connect with our experts. They are here 24x 7 to help you with all the problems related to Quickbooks. You can simply get in touch with them using the chat option on our website. For immediate assistance you can also dial the number on our website. +1-855-738-0359
Frequently Asked Questions
Knowing about QuickBooks Error Message 80029c4a
QuickBooks Error Message 80029c4a is a common error that is related to the dll files missing. In some cases, it is a quick fix issue but for others there are a lot of problems. If this error occurs in your desktop anyhow, we would suggest that you should:
- First look for the signs and symptoms to make it affirmative that your desktop is bugged with this error.
- Then you should check the cause of this problem. Many times, this happens only due to a small glitch. But if it is a big error, you must fix it after knowing the cause.
- And once both these are done, pick up the best solution.
Read more blogs and can resolve the issue:- QuickBooks Error PS033