When receiving payroll updates from the internet, some users get the QuickBooks problem PS033. The error message that appears claims that QuickBooks couldn’t read the payroll setup files and can also appear while opening the company file. QuickBooks error PS033 occurs because of damage in the CPS folder. The error message that appears on your screen is:-
QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files. [Error PS033]
Are you facing problems receiving your payroll update because of QuickBooks Error PS033? Go through this blog for an easy solution or reach out to an expert at +1(855)-738-0359, and they will guide you on how to fix it.
Reasons for QuickBooks Desktop Error PS033
QuickBooks Desktop Error PS033 can arise because of damaged files, unfavorable settings and interference by other applications. The complete list of reasons is as follow:-
- The QuickBooks CPS folder or the files contained within are corrupted or damaged.
- QuickBooks Desktop has not been updated to the most recent version.
- The UAC settings have been enabled.
- There are certain entries in the corporate file that are damaged.
- Another program is disrupting the payroll updates.
Also Read: Setup QuickBooks Payroll Direct Deposit
Resolve QuickBooks Error PS033
There are multiple ways through which you can fix QuickBooks Error PS033, such as downloading payroll updates in safe mode, updating QuickBooks desktop application and using verify and rebuild utility. Let’s look at these solutions in detail:-
Solution 1- Downloading Payroll Update in Safe Mode
If the payroll update is being interrupted by third-party software, use the procedures below to download the updates in safe mode:-
- Shut down your computer system and exit QuickBooks.
- Restart it and click the Power icon while holding down the Shift key.
- Click Restart, go to the choose an Option page, and select Troubleshoot after the computer restarted.
- Select Startup Settings from the Advanced drop-down menu.
- Tap on Restart and select the fifth option from the list after the system has restarted.
- Download the necessary updates once the computer has booted up in Safe mode.
- If the download was successful, return to Normal Mode and download the update once more.
Solution 2- Update QuickBooks Application
An outdated version of QuickBooks can potentially cause QuickBooks company file error PS033. To obtain the updates for your QB application, follow the instructions listed below:-
- To begin, make sure your company file and QuickBooks are closed.
- Right-click on the QB icon on the Desktop.
- Select Run as Administrator from the list.
- Go to the Help menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on Mark All option from the Options menu before clicking the Save button.
- Select the Reset Updates option from the Update Now tab.
- After clicking on Get Updates and waiting for the update to finish downloading restart QuickBooks.
- To install the updates, select Yes on the installation screen.
- Restart your computer after the updates have been installed.
So this is all about QuickBooks Error PS033. You can also fix this error by turning off UAC settings, renaming QuickBooks CPS Folder, downloading the latest payroll Tax tab, and using the verify and rebuild utility. If your error is still not resolved, reach out to an expert at +1(855)-738-0359 and they will guide on how to fix it.
Article Post on Natives Daily
Leave a Reply