Everyone wants to keep their bond. These are some great tips that will help you get your bond back.
It can be difficult to move out of a rental home.
Those who have been through this experience know what it is like. There is often fear about whether your rental bond refund will be granted. You may also be curious as to the feedback that the landlord or real estate manager might provide regarding fair wear and tear and what repairs are needed. Usually, the tenant has the option to either repair the property to a satisfactory standard or withhold the rental bond money to cover the cost of repair. While it is possible to fix things or clean up after moving locally, it is not always easy to do it correctly. You need to meet your expectations and get the rental bond back as soon as possible when you move interstate.
It is easy to understand why it is so important to receive your bond refund. Cleaning Mate wants to make your move as smooth as possible. Here are three ways you can ensure that you get your rental bond back.
You can check the condition report here:
A condition report must be completed after you inspect the property and before you approve the property. The condition report’s purpose is to note any damage (regardless of how minor) and to indicate the current condition and condition of the property and its fixtures and fittings before you move into the property.
Review your condition report carefully before you decide to leave. Go through each room in detail to find any damage not listed on the condition reports. You should note any damage you find during your search and plan to fix it. You are not responsible for any damage caused by the landlord upon your move in. This list will help you determine what constitutes fair wear and tear in NSW.
Make a checklist for cleaning out your lease.
After you have compiled a list of everything that must be repaired, it is time to start executing these tasks. After you have repaired all damage, make a list. We have created a list to help you decide where you should concentrate your cleaning efforts.
Carpet, Tile, & Floor Cleaning
You should arrange for a professional steam cleaning service to clean your carpeted rooms. You can hire semi-professional steam cleaners to clean your carpets. However, they are more skilled and can remove stubborn stains.
It is important to know what kind of floorboards are in your house to ensure that you use the right cleaning products. Solid timber floors can be easily cleaned using a steam mop or hot water and vinegar solution. Laminate floorboards, on the other hand, require special solutions and a misting bottle (never soak) to remove any sticky marks.
Fixtures & Fittings Cleaning:
You should go through the house, room by room. Make sure to clean up all areas. Particularly, you should:
- Use a damp cloth to clean all switches, knobs and handles, wall plates, ceiling plates, lampshades or chandeliers, rails, racks, and any other attachments to the house.
- Use a sugar soap solution to wash all walls, and remove all grease marks, handprints, etc.
- Make sure all appliances are cleaned thoroughly, including the oven and sinks.
- Check all windows are clean, including their frames, tracks, and handles
- Make sure all lights are on and replace any that are not.
- Make sure gardens are kept clean, mowed and trimmed.
- All exterior surfaces, including patios, balconies and railings, windows and gutters, must be washed down
Hire professional cleaners:
That’s right. Professional cleaning experts can help you if you are too busy, overwhelmed, or unable to do the job properly. They specialize in bond refunds and end-of-lease cleaning.
We recommend the following when searching for companies to hire:
- Look at reviews and research the top professional cleaning services in your area.
- Each one can be reached to get a quote or an inspection to make sure they are able to clean up to the highest standards.
- Deliverables are more important than price. It is important that they clearly state what cleaning will take place, the specific areas that need special attention, and any additional costs.
- Ask for a cleaning guarantee. If the landlord or property manager finds something not clean enough, they will return to fix it.
Cleaning Mate Carpet Cleaning Brisbane is the leader in professional deep carpet cleaning and pest control, upholstery cleaning, and more. We have been providing high-quality, affordable carpet cleaning services, upholstery cleaning services, stain removal, fabric protection, and pest control services to clients in Brisbane, Ipswich and the Gold Coast for over a decade. Call your mate, Cleaning Mate, the local Carpet Cleaning Brisbane Company.