When you see a prompt on your screen saying “QuickBooks needs to update your company file” this means your QuickBooks software needs to be updated. When you upgrade QuickBooks, it does not get updated automatically, but you have to get it done manually. After the installation of a newer version of QuickBooks, open company data in the latest version to update it. This blog will help you to update QuickBooks company file to the current version.
If you are finding it difficult to update QuickBooks company file to 2019, then dial our QuickBooks error support number to get immediate troubleshooting assistance.
Things To Consider While Updating Your Data File:
- To fix the error message “QuickBooks couldn’t update your company file” you need to update the QuickBooks software as the Admin user.
- Use the same computer to update the QuickBooks on while your company file is stored and avoid update over the network
- Once you update your data file, you will not be able to open your data file in the legacy version of the QuickBooks. However, you can restore the backup of your old version of QuickBooks if required.
- If the data belongs to Enterprise edition of the QuickBooks, you can not convert it to any other edition such as Pro, or Premier.
- To update your Company file smoothly, you need to confirm with below-mentioned checklist-
- Your list is re-arranged
- Don’t miss verifying your data file
- Ensure to Rebuild your data file
- Check for the error message in your QBwin.log file
- Make use of Verify Data Utility to confirm that the updated data files are fine once their update is finished.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Steps To Update Your Company Data File:
- In the newly updated version of QuickBooks, follow this series of action File> Open or Restore Company
- Now tap on Open a company file and then click Next button
- To discover and open your company file, use the Browse option.
- If Move Company File window appears in QuickBooks, then read the instructions with the utmost attention
- Now in Update Company File for New Version window, checkmark the box to confirm that you understand and then click Update now.
- Now follow the prompts carefully and click Yes on receiving the message “You are about to open. Do you wish to continue”?
Now your company data file is updated to the latest version, and you will not see
QuickBooks update company file error message anymore. To get help from tech-geeks, dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.855.738.2784