Did your Epson printer stop working in the middle of an important project? When printing a document to be delivered at a deadline, the responsibility of fixing the printer comes into your hands. Here we will discuss fixing the Epson printer not printing on Windows PC.
As good as the Epson printers are good, they can also create serious problems when they stop working or malfunction. Another commonly reported issue is that Epson printers not print & blank paper shows up on the print command. This blog discusses how you can find a solution to these issues with multiple solutions.
Epson Printing Not Printing? Try these Easy Fixes –
The simple solution is to take the matter into your hands and start following the steps for Epson printer troubleshooting.
Fix 1: Physical Connection –
The first thing which might seem like a novice move but is often neglected is the root cause of the problem. The device’s physical checkup is a must; with a printer, you need to check all cables and connections. See, if the power button is on, the supply isn’t affected due to any issue. Check all the cables and ports for any damage and plug in all the cables after disconnecting the power supply.
Plug it on, turn on the power supply once again, and check whether the printer is working or not.
Fix 2: Check Default Printer –
Sometimes, due to computer issues, a printer might get removed from the default. It can also occur when your device is connected to multiple printers simultaneously. To set the Epson printer as the default again, go to the Start Menu> Settings> Device> printers & scanners.
Select your printer from this list and put it under the default printer’s list. You can also unmark the ‘Let Windows manage my default printer option if you repeatedly face the Epson printer not printing anything.
Download Epson Printer From the Official Website
Another way to install the printer driver is to go to the manufacturer’s official website. They often release the latest device drivers for the users. Follow these steps How to Download Epson printer Driver
- Go to the official website of Epson printer. Visit the Printer’s support page.
- Here, you need to go to your product by a series of categories.
- Once you reach the correct printer model page, you can find the Driver downloads available.
Click on the Operating system and the corresponding driver for your Epson Printer.
However, this process can be confusing for some users. Therefore, we suggest you use the automatic driver updater – Advanced Driver Updater.
You must contact the authorized service center for help if you are still facing issues.
Why Is My Epson Printer Not Printing Even When the Ink Is Full?
The first thing to check is to see if your printer is all correctly plugged in. Some loose wires and cables might interfere with the printing process even when the ink is full. So, make sure the connection is reliable.
If the ink is all full and ready to go, but your printer is still not printing, there might be other issues with the software or your computer. If you haven’t correctly placed the ink cartridges, your printer will not print properly. This is a common problem if you are new to using printers.
Generally, most printers have a lid at the top that you can lift and find the ink cartridges. Check if the cartridges fit appropriately into the slot.
It’s also important to notice if the ink cartridges belong to the correct color family. For e.g., you need to place the color ink cartridge on the left side, and the black one must go to the right side of the slot.
Finally, if you hear the cartridge door make a clicking sound when you close it, it’s placed correctly.
Why Is My Epson Printer Not Printing After Changing Cartridges?
If your printer is still not working even after changing the ink cartridges, the first thing to do is to check if they’re installed correctly. Also, check if you have installed the correct color cartridges where they belong. If they are, you can then look into other issues:
- Check if you have paper in the tray.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection.
- Check if your power cable is connected accurately.
- Check if the font is correct.
- Check the correct printer settings.
- Check if your printer driver is up-to-date.
- Check the printer queue.
Why Is My Printer Not Printing Everything on the Page?
Even if your printer is working well, it takes several tries to get the perfect print. Here are a few reasons your printer is not printing clearly.
- If your ink is running low, it can cause your documents to have a faint color. So, check and refill the ink cartridges. If you go to the control panel and check the cartridge status, you can figure out the remaining amount of ink or toner.
- Check the no. of pages you’ve selected to print.
- If your printer is located in a place where there’s low or extreme humidity, it can cause your documents to be printed improperly.
- It’s best to check the options in the printer properties. If the quality chosen is not ideal, it can cause the printer to not print everything.
- Open Printer and Scanners from settings
- Select your current printer.
- Click on Manage.
- Check Printing preferences
- Click on the Paper tab
- Select Plain Paper in the Type field.
- Select the Print Quality and select Normal.
- Click on OK.
Why Is My Epson Printer Connected but Not Printing?
If your printer is connected properly and you’ve also checked the power cables, you can try checking if other factors are in the right condition. For instance, check if the inks are full. Check if the printer driver is updated and ensure the print queue is cleared up.
Why Is My Epson Printer Spooling and Not Printing?
Sometimes, you might get printer spooler error messages, and your printer won’t work smoothly. Simply put, printer spooling means a printer queue where pending print jobs are lined up. This software comes built-in on Windows. So, here are some reasons your printer is stuck on spooling and is not printing:
- Corrupted files in the printer queue
- Printing documents stuck in the queue
- Spooler service has crashed
- You can either clear the printer queue or update the printer driver. To perform these actions, please refer to our step-by-step guide explained above. Alternatively, you can also update your Windows OS or macOS.
Why Is My Epson Printer Not Printing?
Since printers have many aspects, they have a variety of problems. Ideally, it’s best to check the basics first. Is your printer turned on properly? Are all the power cables connected properly?
If everything is connected well and ready, but your printer is still not responding, we can now look into further causes:
Overuse/Underuse of Printer
If you use the printer too often, it can lead to printers overheating. In that case, the printer may suddenly crash or stop printing. On the contrary, if your printer has been idle for too long and has collected dust, your printer will stop operating properly. This is because the dust can interfere with the connections inside.
So, you can manage to balance out your printing needs to keep it in a stable condition.
If the papers are not placed correctly in the paper trays, the printer can be clueless and get stuck and stop printing. So, firstly turn off your printer and slowly take out the paper from both the rear tray and output tray. Then, you can insert the papers again. Now, you can turn your printer back on and see it’s starting to print.
Dry Ink Cartridges
If you haven’t used your printer for long, the ink cartridges may have dried up, causing your printer to print blank pages. So, to fix this, you’ll need to refill the ink cartridges. You need new inks and a syringe for printer purposes to refill it yourself. However, you can also refill it at any local electronics repair shop if you don’t want to do it yourself.
Outdated Printer Driver
If the printer driver is not updated, your printer cannot print correctly. So, prioritize updating or reinstalling the printer driver.
- Poor Windows configuration
- Low toner
- Incorrect font
- Your printer is in offline mode.
If there are old pending documents to print in your print queue, it can cause a hindrance to printing your current document. Here’s how you can check and clear up the print queue.
- Go to Devices and Printers from the control panel.
- Select your printer by right-clicking on it and then click on See what’s printing.
- Open the HP printer’s menu and click on Open As Administrator.
- Go back to the printer menu and click on Cancel All Documents.
- You’ll get a pop-up option asking you to confirm canceling the queue. Click on Yes.
If you’re in a rush, you may not notice which printer you’ve selected to print. So, you might’ve selected another printer. To check this, go to File and then Print. If you notice a different printer selected in the pop-up menu, click on it to change it to your current printer.
It’s best to note that even though printer brands may vary, the general mechanism is the same. you can still apply the solutions without fear to fix Epson Printer is not Printing Black and White.
If your Microsoft Word documents have corrupted fonts or graphics and corrupted files, it can cause your printer to not print correctly. So, you can perform an Antivirus scan or check for malware on your computer using Windows Defender.
Top Post also you can read on this Site