QuickBooks is undoubtedly the best accounting application that helps to meet your business needs and requirements. However, failures and errors are part of every application. Similarly, QuickBooks also holds some tricky errors such as QuickBooks error 15106. This error is generally seen when there is an issue in the update program. It may occur due to numerous reason which you must know to solve this error.
Are you confused about how to solve QuickBooks error 15106? If yes, then make sure to stick to this blog until the end
In this blog, we will help you to understand QuickBooks error 15106. In case you face any inconvenience while going through the process, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784. You can also reach our website to grasp more information regarding QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Enterprise Error 15106- In Layman’s Term
QuickBooks error 15106 comes under the category of update error, also known as update error code 15106. It occurs while updating QuickBooks program. The error message indicates that the update program is damaged. When error 15106 is promoted on the screen, it prompts along with the message to go through the troubleshooting steps to resolve the technical bug.
QuickBooks Error 15106 while updating payroll occurs due to common technical issues like when users logged in as the Administrator. Therefore, users must look after all the possible causes that trigger this issue.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15102
The root reason behind QuickBooks error 15106
- The error can occur due to internet security application such as Antivirus; it blocks the installation of a new update.
- QuickBooks error 15106 can also occur if you are logged in as the Administrator in your system.
- Inappropriate Windows UAC settings could also be a significant reason.
There are two versions of the error which appears on the screen the moment error occur
Error 15106: The update program damaged or the update program cannot be opened.
Error 15106: The update program is damaged
A simple way to solve QuickBooks error 15106
- Read the steps given below deeply
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- Enter the Control Panel in the provided box.
- Click on OK button.
- Now, in user Accounts login as Admin.
- In case, you are already logged in as Admin then close QuickBooks application.
- Right-click on QuickBooks Desktop and select Run as Administrator.
- Finally, you have all Admins right now you can again update the application.
- Make sure to rename your QuickBooks Update Folder.
We hope that your query related to QuickBooks error 15106 is solved. For any doubt, contact us at our toll-free number.1.855.738.2784