While updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll, you may encounter QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240. If you are facing the same issue, there is no need to worry, as this article contains all the remedial measures that you can implement to rectify the Error 15240 in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error Code 15240 is a frequent error in QuickBooks that occurs when there is misconfiguration in the settings related to Internet Explorer. This error may also occur due to incorrectly set system time and date. This error is seen when you attempt to update QuickBooks payroll. Let us delve deeper into the various causes that trigger this error, besides going through a detailed walkthrough to resolve the Payroll Update Error 15240 in QuickBooks.
What causes QuickBooks Error 15240?
There are several reasons which may incite the Payroll Update Error 15240 in QuickBooks. The most prominent worth noting are listed below:
- Some alterations in the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Essential QB-related files are being affected by viruses or malware.
- Erroneous Internet Explorer Settings
- Corrupted/Damaged download files.
- Important data related to QuickBooks was deleted accidentally.
- Incorrect Date & Time set in your PC.
- Firewall settings obstruct the smooth functioning of QuickBooks.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 15240
Having sailed across the various causes that may lead to QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240, let us now get a deep insight into the different troubleshooting solutions to resolve this error.
Solution 1: Grant Permissions for QuickBooks Installation Folder
- Shut down QuickBooks software and launch Windows File Manager.
- Right-click the Intuit folder in the ‘C:\Program Files\folder.
- Select the ‘Advanced’ tab from the ‘Properties’
- Verify that owner has the privileges to the ‘User Group.’
- Next, go to the ‘Advanced Security Settings’ and choose Change left to the Owners section.
- Now type the names of the Users in the ‘Enter the object name to select section,’
- Then click on ‘Check Names.’
- Choose ‘OK.’
- Select the mark in the ‘Replace owner on sub containers and objects’
- After that, click ‘OK’ and then hit ‘Apply.’
- Go to the ‘Permissions’ section and select ‘Users,’ then opt for the option’ Full Control.’
- Click ‘Apply’ once more, then choose ‘OK.’
- Reinstall the updates after granting necessary rights to the QuickBooks installation folder. If the issue persists, repeat the foregoing walkthrough on the folders that are mentioned below.
- C : \Users\ Your User Name\ AppData\ Local\ Intuit
- If using a 64-bit system, C :\ Program Files (x86)\ Common Files \Intuit
- C :\Program Files \Common Files\ Intuit
- C :\ ProgramData\ Intuit
Read Also: Top Generator Problems & How to Fix Them
Solution 2: Alter Security Settings of Internet Explorer
- Go to the ‘Tools’ tab in Internet Explorer.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’
- In the ‘Security’ section, check the boxes next to ‘Use SSL 3.0‘ and ‘Use SSL 2.0.’
- After that, click ‘Apply’ and then choose ‘OK.’
- Verify whether the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240 got sorted out.
Solution 3: Add QuickBooks Executable Files as exceptions in Windows Firewall
- Open Windows Firewall.
- Go to ‘settings.’
- Remove any restrictions from the ‘qbw32.exe’ and ‘qbupdate.exe’ processes if they appear in the list of prohibited programs.
- You can do the same by adding these files to the list of exceptions.
- Verify if your firewall is blocking ‘Port 80’ and ‘Port 443.’
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks as an Admin
- Close QuickBooks Desktop
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon
- Select ‘Run as administrator from the menu.
- To grant user permissions, select ‘Yes.’
- Once the software is open, try updating QuickBooks payroll again and verify whether the error got fixed.
Solution 5: Check if the system date and time are correctly set
- To open the ‘Run’ window, press the ‘Win + R’ keys together.
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ by typing ‘Control.’
- Then, under ‘Clock and Region,’ select ‘Clock and Region.’
- Then select ‘Date and Time’ from the drop-down menu.
- Verify that the system date and time are correct. If this isn’t the case, go to ‘Change the date and time.’
- Click ‘OK’ to accept the changes.
We have provided all the adequate walkways for resolving the payroll update Error 15240 in QuickBooks. If you face any difficulty while applying any of the solutions, contact our QuickBooks payroll customer support team via 1-800-761-1787. Our geeks comprise certified professionals who are available round the clock to address all your QB-related doubts and queries.
Leave a Reply