Here are some of the ways to get QuickBooks error H101, H202, H303 or H505 resolved quickly:
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error code H202:
Method 1: By use of QuickBooks database server manager
- First, reach to the server; it is the system which has physically stored the company file of QuickBooks.
- On the server, go to the start button.
- Type Database and click on QuickBooks database server manager, once you see it.
Image link- https://quickbookstoolhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/quickbooks-database-server-manager-download.png
- If you don’t see any folder, then proceed to browse it.
- Search for the QuickBooks folder.
- Click OK.
- Move ahead to click on Start Scan and the firewall permissions will be repaired.
- It will further allow QuickBooks to converse over the network.
- Click on Close.
Method 2: Fixing Multi-user hosting errors.
- On the server, find the QuickBooks company file locally.
- Go to the icon- ‘Check your network’.
- Click on Continue.
- Select the server icon.
- If you see any notification regarding sharing folder, click Yes
Solutions to Fix Error code H505 in QuickBooks:
Solution 1: Disabling Hosting mode on the workstations
- You need to reach every workstation, (not on the server).
- Open QuickBooks and reach the file tab.
- Next, you need to go to the Utilities tab.
- You must verify the Host multi-user access tab, if you see this tab , then this system is not hosting the company file.
- Move to the next workstation, when you encounter “Stop hosting Multi-user access”, select the disable the hosting option .
Image link- https://www.acecloudhosting.com/knowledgebase/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/QuickBooks-Error-6123.png
Solution 2: Running QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- QuickBooks file doctor tool is an integral part of QuickBooks tool hub, which is designed to fix certain issues related to QuickBooks. To use QuickBooks file doctor tool, first move ahead to install QuickBooks tool hub.
- Open QuickBooks tool hub.
- Select the Company file issues.
- Run QuickBooks file doctor tool.
Image link- https://quickbooksfiledoctor.co/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/download-QBFD-from-Quickbooks-Tool-Hub.png
Solution 3: Rectifying Firewall settings.
To get rid of QuickBooks error H101, H202, H303 or H505, you need to rectify the firewall settings for QuickBooks. For this:
In windows 10 and 8:
Open Windows firewall.
Go to Advanced settings.
Image link- https://www.online-tech-tips.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/open-firewall.png
In windows Vista/ Windows 7/Windows Server 2008:
- Enter the firewall in the Window.
- Go to the windows firewall.
- Select the Advanced security option.
- Herein, choose the outbound rule.
- Select New rule after right-clicking.
- Select the Port.
- Click Next.
- From the option, Choose TCP.
- Now, enter the following PORTS:
QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377.
QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372.
QuickBooks Desktop 2014: 8019, 56727, 55358- 55362
- Now, move ahead and follow the instructions and then click Allow.
- Click on Next and proceed to enter the name of the port.
- Click Finish.
- Move ahead to open QuickBooks in the multi-user mode.
- Now, you need to identify the name of the server.
- Enter Ping and Press Enter.
- If you are not seeing results for the packet data, then you have to reach out to the professionals.
Solution 4: Creating a new folder to fix Error H101, H202, H303, H505.
- First, you must create a new folder.
Image link- https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/gg/up/sshot-2009-10-22-00-04-34.png?width=1198&trim=1,1&bg-color=000&pad=1,1
- Also, you must share it with the hosting computer.
- Now, to get the entry to permissions, choose ‘Set your windows’.
- Now, copy the .qbw file and paste it in the new folder.
- Move ahead to open the company file in multi-user mode.
Solution 5: Rename .TLG and .ND file.
- First, close QuickBooks.
- Now, open the company file folder.
- Locate the .tlg file and move ahead to make a right click on the file.
- Rename the .tlg file.
- Similarly, you have to rename the .nd file.
- Make sure that .tlg and .nd extensions respectively at the end of the file.
I hope the above-mentioned methods are helpful in resolving QuickBooks errors H101, H202, H303 and H505. But if you are still unable to get rid of QuickBooks error H101, H202. H303 and H505, you can connect to team of experts of QuickBooks enterprise support at +1-888-485-0289 and we will help you to resolve this error.