Printing errors are common in all kinds of printers. If you are an Epson printer user, you might have also faced the ” Epson printer not printing black” issue. In this issue, your Epson printer does not print what you command it to print from your connected devices. As a result, you get no or blank prints from your Epson printer. There could be many factors responsible for this issue. That is why we have specified each & every reason responsible for the “Epson printer not printing Black from Computer” issue along with their solutions below. Have a look at them.
Epson Printer Not Printing Error- Fix
Sometimes, small issues in your Epson printer does not allow it to print anything. That is why it is advised to run a small printer check before troubleshooting the “Epson printer won’t print” problem.
- Firstly, you have to check if your Epson printer is turned on.
- Now, ensure if your Epson printer is properly connected to the computer through the USB cable.
- You have to also verify if you have placed the ink cartridge correctly.
- Now, you have to check if you have properly inserted the printing papers into the printer’s tray.
- Check your Epson printer for error signals.
- Clean Your Epson Printer’s Printhead
- If you don’t clean the printhead of your Epson printer properly. Then, it could give rise to the “Epson printer not printing” problem. When you don’t use your printer for a long time, its printhead gets clogged with ink and air. That is why you should print regularly from your Epson printer & clean its printhead. Each printer has an in-built cleaning tool for the printhead, That is why you don’t have to worry about this.
Clean the Epson printer’s printhead From Windows Computer
- Clean out the Printhead of your Epson printer.
- Place the printing paper in your Epson printer’s tray.
- Open up the control panel of your Windows computer’s search located at its taskbar.
- Now, You will need to choose the “Printers and Tablets” option by clicking on it.
- Pick Computer & printer from the “Objects control panel” in Windows 10.
- Now, you have to Right-Click on your Epson printer and select the Print option from the Options menu.
- After that, Right-click on your non-printing Epson printer and click on the printing preferences option.
- At that point, you can simply click on the tab “Manage icon”.
- Now, you will see the “Epson Printer Preferences Maintenance” page, click on it.
- Under Epson Printer Repair, press on the “Head Cleaning” option.
- Now, simply push down the “Start” button.
- To repair the “Epson printer not printing” issue, you have to press the “Start” option for the Head Cleaning.
- Lastly, Follow the On-Screen instructions to complete it.
Clean the Epson Printer Printhead from Mac
- Place a simple printing paper in the tray of your printer.
- Now, open up your Mac computer.
- After that, Tap on the Apple Menu And Go to its “Machine Settings”.
- On your Mac, click on its “Apple Menu” & select the “Device Preferences” option.
- There, Click on the “Scanner and Printer” option it shows you.
- Under the Device Preferences option, Click on the “Printers and Scanners” Option.
- After that, click on the Epson printer that doesn’t print and click on the mac “option & supplies” choice.
- Now, Go to the Utility tab first and then press the “Open Printer Utility” button.
- At this point, click on the “Utility” tab and open the “Mac Printer Utility”.
- Now, you have to simply click on the “Head Cleaning” option you see there.
- Under Printer Utility, press the “Head Cleaning” option to repair the Epson printer not printing error.
- If you have already installed many printers with your computer, Then, it could also prevent your Epson
- printer from printing. For fixing this problem you will have to “Set your Epson printer to the defaults” on your computer, follow these steps.
Choose your Epson Printer as the Default Printer of your computer
- Epson printer unable to print correctly On your Windows 10 computer, click on the “Start” button & choose its Settings.
- Tap on the “Printer & Scanners” choice you see there.
- Now, you have to go to the “Devices” option and select “printers and scanners”.
- After that, click on the “Select your Epson Printer” from the Printer’s list, and then click on the “Manage” button.
- Lastly, you will have to just click on the “Set as Default” button to complete this process.
- Note: Uncheck the option if you haven’t seen the “Set As Default option”.
You have now configured the Epson printer as your computer’s default printer. Try printing a paper now. You should patch an Epson non-printing printer error on your PC.
Check the levels of the ink Cartridge
You have to check the ink levels of your Epson printer cartridge if your Epson printer is not printing anything. You can check the ink levels of your Epson by following the instructions below.
- Visit the Control Panel of your computer’s start menu.
- After that, you will need to Click & choose the “Computer & Printer” option there.
- Under the Control Panel option on your Windows 10 computer, press the “Computer & Printer” option.
- Now, you should Right-click the Epson Printer option under the “Print Preferences” window and choose the “Print Preferences” option.
- Right-click on your Epson printer and Pick the printing preferences option under the “devices & printers” option.
- Now, just simply snap on the “repair” tab.
- Select Open Status Monitor for Epson option.
- Under the maintenance menu, Open up the Epson Status Monitor by clicking on it.
- The amount of ink in the cartridges can be seen in the new pane.
- If any of them display low ink amounts, you can refill your cartridges by buying a fresh ink cartridge.
Re-install your Epson printer
When you install your Epson printer incorrectly, It stops working in the desired way. As result, it starts to give you the “Epson printer not printing” error. If you see that error, Then you can re-install the Epson printer on your computer to fix this issue.
- Visit the “Program And Features” option by clicking on it under the Control Panel of your computer.
- Uninstall your Epson printer by right-clicking on it.
- Turn off your PC and printer now.
- Disconnect your Epson printer from the computer device.
- Restart your computer & Epson printer at the same time.
- Connect your Epson Printer to the computer
- On your computer, proceed to “reinstall” the Epson Printer.
Connect Epson Printer with correct Port/Slot
If you don’t connect your Epson printer to the correct port. Then, it will not print what you command it. That is why be careful while connecting your Epson printer to your computer. Always insert its cables to the correct or accurate slots.
- Open up the windows settings of your PC from the settings option available under the start menu of your PC.
- Now, you have to tap on the “Computer and Printers” choice, there.
- Right-click on your Epson printer’s name and Visit its “Properties”.
- After that, you will need to “Right Click on the Epson printer not printing” option and choose the “printer options”.
- Click on the “Ports” tab under the “Properties” window, and press on the “Add Port” option.
- Now, Pick the default TCP/IP port and click on the “Epson Printer Properties” on the new port.
- After that, click on the “Next” option under the next tab.
- At that point, tap on the “Finish” button to proceed further.
- After that Tap on the “Submit” button.
Lastly, Restart your computer and the printer.
Update the Drivers of your Epson Printer
Many times, your Epson printer doesn’t print because it does not have “updated printer drivers”. It results in your Epson printer, not printing. If you update your Epson printer drivers. Then, it will remove the printing error from it and your printer will start to print.
- Open the “Start Menu” of your computer by clicking on it.
- In the search box, search for the “Device Manager” option and press the “Enter” button.
- Now, Right-Click on the “Printer” option you see there in the list of devices & components.
- Under System Manager, press Update driver to repair the Epson printer, not printing issue.
- Then press on the “Auto Search” option for getting modified driver Apps.
- Now, Click on the “Check for modified driver software” automatically to upgrade the Epson printer’s
driver on your Windows 10 computer.
- Follow Directions available On-Screen.
Wait for a few minutes & check the following
Sometimes, a few technical issues stop your printer from printing. In this case, you should wait for some time before proceeding forward. If your Epson printer’s printing does not resume even after a few minutes. Then, you should look out for a few things.
- Your PC will show you a “Waiting message” if it has any technical issue.
- Check your Epson printer, if it’s showing you any “odd signal lights”.
- The printer may require “head cleaning” for the cartridges, or it may take time due to job overload. If this is the case, Then, you should wait for at least 4-5 minutes to see if your Epson printer is working.
Epson Printer Not Printing Black
Problematic printer cartridge & printhead is the main reason responsible behind the “Epson printer not printing black” issue. You should follow the below-mentioned steps to fix this issue.
- Firstly, Open your Epson printer’s panel & insert the printer cartridge correctly after taking it out from its place.
- Secondly, Make sure your Epson printer has sufficient black ink levels by checking its ink status.
Sometimes, the Printer cartridge clogs down because of ink flow. In that case, you should clean the Clodges from it using a pin or something else.
- You can fix the “Epson printer not printing black” ink issue by cleaning its printhead using the distilled water, and sponges.
- The printhead of the printer can also be cleaned by running a cleaning cycle on your printer.
- In that case, you can also turn off your Epson printer and leave it for at least 15 minutes on rest.
- Using a clean & dry towel, wipe the printhead with it and slide it to its original place.
- Always use genuine cartridges and printing sheets that are compatible with your Epson printer.
- If these steps not working you can factory reset your printer to learn about this visit here ” How to Reset Epson Printer“
Thanks to Admin to share my post here.
Leave a Reply