You may be one of those users who have been using Epson printers for a long time now. But from recent times you may start giving some types of issues and errors. If you are a user who is facing the same then this Epson printer troubleshooting tutorial is definitely going to help you in the best possible way. So just read this Epson printer troubleshooting guide with calmness and then definitely be enough to resolve this issue on an immediate basis. Feel free to get in touch with us at any time in case of any kind of doubt and we will be more than happy to resolve and get this issue done in one go.
Effective Epson Printer Troubleshooting Guide For Printer Errors
Here is a list of problematic errors that you could usually face while printing:
- Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages
- Not getting colored printouts from Epson Printer
- Having an issue with a wireless connection
- Can’t print after changing the ink toner
- Epson Printer Paper Jamming Issue
- Epson Printer Offline Problem
- Ink Cartridge Issues
- Paper Stuck in the Print Queue
- Epson Printer Print Head Issue
- Epson Error Code 0x97
In this blog post, we’ll be discussing basic fixing steps to troubleshoot Epson Printer problems. Thus, keep reading consciously to grab solutions in the comfort of your home.
Reasons & Solutions Of Epson Troubleshooting Printer Problems
Before dealing with any error issue, it is very important to identify the actual reason behind Epson Printer Troubleshooting. Once you detect the possible causes for the appearance of Epson Troubleshooting Printer Problems, the fixing task will be easy. Thus, stay tuned for informative troubleshooting guidance.
Epson Printer Problem 1: Printer Won’t Print
When the Epson printer stops printing, it will be a major headache for you. Let’s figure out first what’s wrong with your Epson printer. Thereafter, make a final step to solve it out.
Possible Reasons For Epson Printer Won’t Print
- Epson Printer connection might be lost.
- Most probably, the Epson printer is not set as the default printer.
- The driver installed against your Epson Printer has been outdated.
- Print jobs might be stuck in the print queue.
Solutions To Fix Epson Printer Won’t Print Problem
Don’t you know how to get back your Epson Printer to print or Epson Printer troubleshooting? Chill! We have compiled fruitful guidelines that will assist you to get rid of this error. Let’s give it a try:
Solution 1: Verify Your Epson Printer Connection
If it’s a wireless printer, check that the speed of the Internet and ensure that it is running fast. If Epson Printer is connected over a poor internet connection, disconnect and reconnect the printer to the network. Doing this will have a strong wireless connection that is actually needed for a smooth print job.
Additionally, make sure that your Epson printer is linked to the same network as your operating device is.
For a USB-connected printer, check the entire cable and ensure that they are seated correctly in the ports. Furthermore, immediately change the USB port or the cable if any of these is defective.
Solution 2: Adjust Your Epson Printer As A Default Printer
- From the Windows Start menu, click the “Settings” tab.
- Now, navigate to Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Afterward, opt for your Epson printer, choose the “Manage” tab and then finally click the “Set as default” option.
Solution 3: Update Your Epson Printer Driver
An outdated printer driver may prevent you from printing anything. So, if you can’t print with an Epson Printer device, check out the driver first. If it is not updated, make it upgrade first with the latest released version. To update the Epson printer driver, visit the official site of Epson Printer. Thereafter, search for the Download tab and then install it on your device by following the on-screen prompted instructions. Once you complete this process, let’s print something to check if Epson Printer starts printing or yet not.
Solution 4: Clear The Print Jobs
You won’t be able to use your Epson printer unless you troubleshoot or remove the print jobs stuck in the print queue. It is very clearly said that if the print queue of your printer gets stuck, the printer stops delivering printouts. Therefore, first and foremost, clear your print jobs using the following instructive steps:
- Press the Windows logo + R keys simultaneously to invoke the Run dialog box.
- Now, type “services.msc” in the search box.
- Search for the “Print Spooler” tab, once you find it, place a right-click and then select “Stop”.
- Now, come back to your Windows Desktop, open the “File Explorer” tab, and, in the address bar, type: %windir%System32spoolPRINTERS.
- Delete/Remove all the files present in the folder.
- Go back to the Print Spooler service, put a right-click on it, and then select the “Start” tab from the listed options.
- Also, make sure that “Startup type” is set to “Automatic”.
- Now, once you are confirmed it, click “OK”.
Epson Printer Problem 2: How To Fix Epson Printer Paper Jamming Issue
Sometimes, when you print, it possibly happens that your Epson Printer says Paper Jam but the truth is no paper is actually jammed. If you are sure that not even a single piece of paper is left somewhere inside your printer, implement the step-by-step directives:
Method 1: Reset Epson Printer
- Unplug the printer simply by unplugging the power cable while the Epson Printer is ON
- Stay plugged in for at least 30 minutes.
- After a point, plug the power cable back in the printer.
- Doing this will reset your printer which is showing a Paper Jam error.
- If this doesn’t work out, try the next solving method.
Method 2: Advanced Troubleshooting Tricks
- Remove the Toner cartridge if it is available.
- Gently take out all the cartridges from the Epson Inkjet printer and reinstall them accurately.
- Now, slightly move the carriage to the extreme left and then bring it back to the usual position.
- You can repeat this step 5-6 times continuously back to back.
- Sometimes, it is not placed at its desired position. So, after moving the carriage and placing it in its place, the paper jamming problem might have been resolved.
- Also, make sure that the paper input tray is not overfilled.
- Verify that paper is not inserted in the printer tray too tightly.
Epson Printer Problem 3: Epson Printer Offline Issue
When the Epson Printer is not strongly communicating with your computer or laptop, the printer will say offline. This can be a dreadful situation for the newbie who can’t fix this problem. So, here we serve quality support assistance that will let you easily identify the reason and rectify the error. Let’s give a glimpse of the below-noted instructions:
Possible Factors Responsible For Epson Printer Offline Problem
- Lack of communication between printer and computer.
- The driver is out-of-date.
- Wireless network issue.
- “Use Printer Offline” status is checked.
- Solutions To Fix Epson Printer Offline Issue
Solution 1: Uncheck The ‘Use Printer Offline’ Option
Here’s how to do so:
- Press the Windows logo + R keys altogether to invoke the “Run” dialog box.
- Now, type “Control Panel” in the search field and press the “OK” button.
- Thereafter, give a click onto the “Devices and Printers” tab. Doing so, a list of printers will be displayed.
- Choose your Epson Printer model, place a right-click on it, and then select “See What’s Printing”.
- Now, Click the “Printer” tab and remove the checkmark from the “Use Printer Offline” option if it is selected.
- Now, the Epson Printer is set back online. You can print anything to check the offline issue is been solved or has yet continued.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot Print Spooler Service If Stopped/Paused
If a print spooler service is set to stop/pause, chances would be high to getting printer offline error. So, let’s first troubleshoot it:
- First, open the Run dialog box, and type “Services.msc” in the search field & click the “OK” button.
- Next, the service window will evolve. From there, go to the “Print Spooler” option and make sure that its status is shown as “Running”. In case, the status is showing as “Stopped”, put a right-click on “Print Spooler” and select the “Start” option. Doing this will resume the service.
- Close the running window now and check if these steps are helpful in bringing back the Epson printer Offline to ‘Online’ and you will get the solution for Epson printer showing offline windows 10 problems.
Hopefully! The aforementioned varieties of ultimate Epson Printer Troubleshooting tips and tricks have helped you out in fixing your problem
Thanks to Admin who allow me share this post here