Punjabi University Department of Distance Education was founded in the year 1968. The university was founded by the former President of India Dr. S. Radhakrishnan. Distance Education Punjabi University Patiala has around 274 colleges affiliated with the University. Punjabi University also has a total of 6 regional centres along with 12 constituent colleges with 9 campuses and 65 teaching or research departments.
The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate, PG diploma, and certificate programs. Distance Education Punjabi University Patiala offers courses in the fields of Pharmacy, Library Sciences, Management, Commerce, Languages, Computer Applications, etc. The University offers different language courses which are famous among the students. The students can apply via online and offline modes for registration. Taking admission to certain courses is based on entrance exams conducted by the University.
The applicants can also download their Syllabus from the official website of the University. The institute has reached several milestones in its efforts to further the overall growth of Punjabi. The university has also sped up its principal responsibility of developing academic, intellectual, and scholastic standards and has made real and unwavering efforts for the rural upliftment of society in different ways.
What is Distance Education?
Distance Education is also known as distance learning or online learning program. It is a form of education in which students do not need to attend the traditional classroom. If any of the distance learning colleges are approved by UGC DEB then they will be the most preferred distance learning colleges.
Follow the given online and offline admission procedure for the Punjabi University Distance Education, Patiala:-
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
- Copy of self-attested Birth certificate.
- Copy of identity card
- Original Migration Certificate (if required)
- Character certificate
- Copy of mark sheet of Bachelors along with a degree.
- Photocopy of the previous year’s result
- Copy of mark Sheet of class 12th along with the certificate.
- Photocopy of graduation
- DD or Demand draft
Online Method of Registration
- The candidate who wants to get admission to the institute needs to visit the official website of the college
- Go to the admission page where the candidate needs to click on the “Application form”
- Now you need to click on “Please fill the form – Link”
- Fill up all the details carefully mentioned in the form
- Now the candidates need to click on submit
- The candidates need to pay the application fee of Rs. 500 online via Net banking/ Credit card/ Debit card.
- Now print out the application form.
Offline Method of Registration
- Go to the official website
- Now the candidates need to download the application form from the website
- Now you can start filling the application form with all the required credentials carefully
- Now attach all the required documents carefully with the application form
- Now you have to pay the application fee of Rs. 500 via Offline mode by Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Punjabi University, Patiala”.
- At last, submit the hard copy of the duly filled application form via Speed post or registered postal address.
Punjabi University Distance Education Syllabus
The university has mentioned the syllabus of every course in detail on the official website of the institute. The candidates can easily access all the course lines, course division, marks division, etc on the website. Even the study material for the relevant subject is also available.
Punjabi University Distance Education Exam Centers
The university has many study centers in Punjab and Gujarat. Even, during the final processing of admission, the candidates are asked to select a study center according to their convenience. This means the applicants can choose their desired study center during the time of admission. The list of study centers of Punjab University is mentioned below:
- Regional Center, Punjabi University, Bhatinda
- Desh Bhagat College, Bhardwaj
- College, Barnala
- Government Barjindra College, Faridkot
- GuruDawara Singh Sahba, Ahmedabad (Gujrat)
- Gurmat Sagar Trust, Village Sahota, Sri Anandpur Sahib
How to download the admit card of Punjabi University Distance Education, Patiala
- The candidates need to go to the official website of the university.
- Now from the homepage, the candidates need to go to the student panel.
- The aspirants can log in to their student account with the help of using a login ID and password.
- The Admit Card of their respective course will appear on the screen.
- In case, if the candidate finds any error in the admit card then the applicant can contact the concerned department as soon as possible.
Review of Punjabi University Distance Education, Patiala
Punjabi University has an active placement cell that provides excellent placement opportunities to students. The companies that visit the campus include Infosys, HCL, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Quark, etc.
- The highest salary offered is Rs. 16 lakh PA and the average salary is Rs. 4.5 lakh PA.
Ranking of Punjabi University Distance Education, Patiala
- According to the World out of 14160, the university has been ranked 2435
- In India, the university has been ranked 50 in India
- The university has been ranked 4 out of 34 in Punjab
- In Asia, the university ranking is 735 out of 5,829
- For Forensic Science, the university has been ranked 367
- In Patiala, the ranking of this university is 1 out of 3
Punjabi university Distance Education Undergraduate Program
B.Ed- The institute offers a B.Ed course that consists of 4 semesters. The admission is based on the merit lists. The applicants who have completed their graduation and post-graduation with a minimum of 50% marks can apply.
BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a course that focuses on solving business-related problems. The applicants who have completed their 10+2 from Punjab school education Board can take admission to the BBA course.
Punjabi University Distance Education Post-graduation Program
MA – The department of the institute covers a huge part of the Humanity stream where it allows numerous programs including an MA in Hindi, English, and Political Science. The applicants who are interested in any of the specializations at the postgraduate level may opt for the above programs.
M.Com – The applicants who want to pursue their careers in finance, accounts, and economics can take admission to this program. The applicants should be graduated in B.Com/ BBA/ BMIT from any recognized institute.
Scholarship offered by Punjabi University Distance Education Patiala
- Post Matric Scholarship
- Scholarship for Pragati and Saksham Scheme
- National Fellowship and Scholarship
Punjabi University Result 2022
The students can check the result by following the simple steps that are discussed below:
- The students need to visit the official page of the University
- Now you need to look for the Examination Tab on the Homepage of the website.
- Here the students need to click on the Results.
- Now a new tab will be opened on the screen where you need to select the new result link.
- Here the students will be asked to select their course and semester
- The students need to enter their correct Roll Number
- Now click on the submit button
- After clicking on the submit button the results will be displayed on the screen of your device
- The students should take a printout of their results for future reference.
Leave a Reply