To make health healthy, getting up in the morning is a good option to do yoga, it strengthens the muscles of the body, as well as keeps the body free from many diseases. Today we are talking about Nataraja Asana / Natarajasana. This asana is made up of 3 words- Nat, Raj, and Asana, ‘Nat’ means ‘dance’, ‘Raj’ means ‘king’ and Asana means posture. This asana is mainly done while standing. By doing this the body remains balanced. Today, through this article, we will tell you what is the method of doing Natarajasana, as well as we will know what precautions should be taken while doing this asana and what are the health benefits of this asana.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh.
Steps of Natarajasana:
First of all, lay a mat on the ground and stand on it. Now, first of all, lift your left leg back and bend the knee, and with the help of your left hand hold the toes of the foot. Focus your eyes on the front and try to balance with the right leg, keep your right arm straight and try to keep it in line with the shoulder. Take the left leg as high as you can. This position is called the Nataraja position. Stay in this position for 20 to 30, you can also set the time according to your ability, now take deep long breaths and try to keep your body still. After some time again to come back to the old state, first of all, keep the left foot down and bring your left hand down, similarly repeat the same process with the other leg.
In the beginning, while doing this asana, your balance may get disturbed, in such a situation, you can do this asana by taking the support of a wall or cupboard. It is good to stay in this position for 10 to 15 seconds in the beginning but you can increase the time later.
Benefits of Natarajasana:
- By doing Nataraja posture, the body stays away from stress and anxiety.
- For those who do this asana regularly, their legs are strong as well as the muscles of the chest, shoulder, and thigh are also strong.
- Those who want to reduce their weight or reduce belly fat can fulfill their dream with the help of Nataraja Asana.
- Those people whose digestive system is not good or there is a stomach problem, they can make their digestive system healthy by doing this asana.
- You can take the help of Nataraja’s posture to maintain mental balance along with physical balance.
- Those who are troubled by back pain or any kind of injury in the neck, should not do this asana.
- Even if there is pain in the knees, do not do this asana.
- If any of these people have mental problems like dizziness, headache, etc., they should also avoid doing this asana.
- If you have had surgery or any kind of operation in your body, then avoid doing this asana.
Note – The points mentioned above show that Nataraja asanas are extremely beneficial for health. But if you feel any kind of pain while doing this asana, then this asana should be done only under the supervision of an expert.
Leave a Reply