Getting into an Ivy-league university is the dream of every student, and with the right guidance, this dream can be turned into reality. The only requirement is an all-inclusive program that helps students excel not only academically, but also physically, emotionally, mentally, and socially. For parents searching for one such unique program, designed to be the best pre-university preparation diploma in Singapore, the IB Diploma Programme is the perfect match.
The IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) is an extraordinary pre-university program that creates an immersive learning experience for students through a holistic framework. After students have completed the IB Diploma Programme, they become a part of the top brackets of students contending for placements in top universities from around the world.
A well-rounded and perfectly balanced education that helps students grow into their interests and excel academically and in extra-curricular activities are the founding principles of the IB Diploma Programme. It features a broad set of subjects in which students exercise their critical thinking skills and widen their skill set. The IB Diploma Programme is a pre-university qualification best suited for highly motivated secondary students from the age bracket of 16 to 19 years. The curriculum includes the DP core – which comprises Theory of Knowledge, Extended Essay, and CAS; alongside the option of choosing courses from six broad subject groups i.e.
- Studies in language and literature
- Language acquisition
- Individuals and societies
- The arts
This curriculum will ultimately help students gain specialized knowledge and skills of individual interest to them.
Reasons why the IB Diploma Programme in a Singapore International School could benefit your child with pre-university preparations:
- Learning that is not limited to the classroom
A curriculum that extends beyond the traditional bounds of learning through equal dedication and time to academics and extra + co-curricular activities – is what makes the IBDP the perfect sum of all things necessary to prepare for university life. Education that is stimulating and experiential helps students appreciate the process of learning, and that is why IBDP at GIIS makes for a value-added, holistic learning experience.
- Letting students take control of their education
By letting students select their preferred courses in addition to their core education, students feel in control of their education, which increases their motivation to complete their coursework and succeed in a specific subject. Students can cater their learning experience to their needs and work on achieving personal goals while also achieving their academic goals.
- Developing a Global outlook and broadening the students perspective
University life involves interaction with people from varied backgrounds, ethnicities, and cultures. Hence, the IB Diploma Programme is specifically designed with a global perspective and many of the courses involve group discussions and sharing of personal views where students are required to participate in the classes actively, thus broadening their outlook and educating them from a real-world perspective.
- Challenging curricula that help build critical thinking and collaborative skills
Interacting with classmates for assignments and relevant curriculum allows students to develop the 21st-century skills that they will need to succeed: they develop critical thinking skills and this creates an atmosphere of healthy competition.
- Multi-faceted and experiential learning that better prepares students for uni life
An immersive approach to the IB curriculum, like at a Singapore International School, can help students groom their present skills and develop new skills that can be useful for uni-life. Skills like time management, better social and moral responsibility, and resilience through challenges will be advantageous on top of a brilliant academic profile when students enter universities.
Some additional features that make the IBDP at GIIS a one-of-its-kind pre-university diploma program and why your child should opt for this to better prepare for university admissions:
- A clear understanding of real-world concepts through holistic education and a broadened global, multicultural outlook
- Overcoming the uncertainties of uni life by building new skills through relevant, new-age curricula
- Developing and exploring personal interests, gaining clarity of ambitions and educational goals through specialized courses
- Teaching and training personnel that are experienced and have a complete understanding of how to introduce and implement the delicate specifics of the elaborate curriculum of IBDP
- Creating candidates that are outstanding university prospects, are better prepared for the professional world, and have an almost guaranteed assurance of placements in their preferred universities
- There is a renowned and well-established international school in Singapore that has been offering the IB Diploma Programme since 2007. This experience with the IBDP ensures that students are fully prepared for their university life.
- The IBDP assessments are an important tool to evaluate what the students have learned and their progress through the different stages of the program; Students of the IBDP in international schools have a record of outstanding test results during IBDP assessments. With three perfect scorers (45/45) and four near-perfect scorers in the 2020 IBDP exams, GIIS had more than 40 per cent of our students scoring over 40 while 71 per cent scored over 35-grade points.
The IB Diploma Programme offered in Singapore is a wholesome and holistic learning experience for students in the age bracket of 16 to 19 years and is an immersive and revolutionary program that helps them better prepare for university life.
For parents that are on the lookout for an educational experience that helps their child develop academically and get admission into a top international university, so they excel after completing their school education, the IBDP program is the best option.