Tupac Shakur was an American rapper who gained fame through their albums including Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z… & Me Against the World.
Tupac Shakur Facts
- He played Travis Younger in a production of A Raisin in the Sun when he was just 13 years old. The play staged at Harlem’s Apollo Theatre to benefit Jesse Jackson‘s presidential campaign.
- He began his career in the entertainment industry in 1990 as a backup dancer for the alternative hip-hop group Digital Underground. Over time, he began to appear on their albums’ soundtracks.
- Keisha Morris, his ex-wife, claims he tried out for the part of Bubba in the original Forrest Gump film but was turned down.
- The producers of Poetic Justice insisted he tested for HIV before filming a steamy scene with Janet Jackson.
- He arrested for a sexual assault on a hotel room maid in November of 1993. Ultimately, he found guilty of the crime and sentenced to nine months in prison without the possibility of bail.
- Outlawz members reportedly smoked a mixture containing Tupac’s ashes and marijuana after his cremation.
- When he was 24, he shot and killed two off-duty police officers. After it was discovered that the officers were intoxicated, in possession of stolen weapons, and had lied to fellow police officers, all charges against them were dropped.
- However, He had a number of tattoos, including the phrase “Thug Words,” on his stomach.
- He changed the spelling of Niccol Machiavelli‘s name for his stage name, Makaveli. After becoming a huge fan of the Italian writer during his time in prison.