Well, there are two methods to approach Repair PST Files in Outlook 2010 task. One, of course, is the native method of Outlook called the ScanPST.exe method, where users are required to run the Scan.PST.exe multiple times till the error becomes zero. This method is not considered to be much appropriate because of the following reasons:
- Need a technical person to perform this task with at most care.
- This method is insufficient to recover the deleted items of the PSTs.
- exe works only for the PST size of up to 2 GB.
- Time-taking process.
- No surety of complete data after being repaired.
To get out of these risky and tiresome situations, users can use third-party tools to repair PST files in Outlook 2010 rather. Let us first understand the cause of PST corruption, and then we will talk about one of the third-party tools to cope with PST corruption.
Why does PST corrupt?
- Abrupt closing of PSTs due to electricity cut or due to other issues.
- Oversize of PSTs.
(PST file should not exceed 50 GB size, and 20 GB size is recommended.)
- Various malware attacks could be the reason.
Third-Party tool: Shoviv Outlook PST Repair tool
A third-party tool like the Shoviv tool is specifically designed to alleviate users from PST corruption kind of situation. Shoviv could be considered as one of the most vital third-party tools because of its simple GUI and various other features that it provides, which ease the process of repairing as well as data handling after it gets repaired. This tool is capable of recovering deleted items of PST as well. Let us dive into its features first so that the reasons why to Shoviv Outlook PST Repair tool becomes clear.
Features of Shoviv Outlook PST Repair tool:
- Users can add multiple PST files in a single go, and this tool loads them all with all its efficiency.
- There is no restriction on the size of the PST files that are needed to add for repairing tasks.
- Once the PST files are uploaded on the Shoviv tool, the users can see each and every detail of their added PST files.
- This tool, in case users are not able to locate their unhealthy PST through firm browse, provides a search option that eases the way to add the unhealthy PST files to the Shoviv interface.
- It allows users to save their repaired PST into multiple formats, i.e., PST, EML, MSG, RTF, and HTML
- As discussed, a few moments before, this tool swiftly and smoothly recovers the hardly deleted items of the PST.
- This tool takes care of the structure of the metadata and hence retains the originality of the PST’s data.
- An incremental export option is given in this tool which prevents duplicity of the data in case of any interruption and otherwise.
- Advanced options like folder mapping, email translation are provided in this tool. These options come in handy to deliver the more accurate export and to replace the canonical email addresses with the legit email addresses, respectively.
- Users can separately save the attachments attached to the PST files.
How to Repair PST Files in Outlook 2010 using Shoviv Utility:
- Download, install and open the Shoviv tool on your system.
- Tap on Add PST Files icon from the ribbon bar to add unhealthy PST files.
- Add unhealthy PSTs using Add button and consequently click on OK.
(Adding or removing process is so flexible. Users can add PSTs using Add button. They can close them using the close button at the same time.)
- Now click on the Outlook PST icon from the ribbon bar, a list of sub-folders will appear check-uncheck them accordingly and hit Next.
- Pick out to save the repaired data in existing PST or export and create new PST files. Split the PST accordingly and otherwise hit Next.
- Here comes the item filter wizard based on message class and date and folder-based filter. Use them appropriately and proceed with Next.
(In the filter wizard, users can click on the advance options button to avail themselves of the advance options)
- At last, comes the status wizard, where the tools start to export the repaired PSTs with showing the on-time status of the progress. Click Finish when done.
Have you seen how this hefty task so simply have done using Shoviv Outlook PST Repair tool.
The features that are described and the features that haven’t got space in this blog due to the limitations of the article length can be experienced by the users for free. YES! You heard it right. Shoviv Outlook PST Repair tool can be downloaded and used in the demo version for free, which allows users to process the first 50 items per folder. Now, in the end, it is totally up to the users with which tool they want to have to repair PST files in Outlook 2010.
Read More: https://www.shoviv.com/blog/how-to-repair-outlook-pst-2019-2016-2013-and-2010-data-files/
Leave a Reply