Rohtang and Solang Valley are two must-see destinations for everyone travelling to Manali. Solang Valley is 14 kilometres north of Manali’s main town and is one of Himachal Pradesh’s most famous tourist destinations. Every year, the valley, which is located on the road to Rohtang from Manali, attracts a large number of travellers. Solang Valley is a favourite among adventurers, with activities ranging from parachuting to paragliding in Solang Valley, horseback riding to driving mini-open jeeps designed specifically for tourists of all ages. You can experience this adventure activity in Solang Valley by just booking the Manali Tour Package offered by Lock Your Trip.
Have you ever imagined flying over the skies or imagined what it would be like to fly like a bird? Paragliding in Solang Valley is the activity to do for witnessing your imagination. There are no words to describe the experience of flying over the skies on a soundless wing. If you’re an expert paraglider, Solang has a lot to offer. Enjoy the excitement of paragliding in Solang Valley while enjoying Manali from a bird’s eye view. Gliding in the middle of snow-capped mountains, open blue sky, and magical views of the valleys surrounding you will be a wonderful experience. Under the guidance of a professional instructor, participate in this exciting activity to fly like a bird.
What Is Paragliding?
Paragliding in Solang Valley may be an exciting and nerve-wracking adventure. But, what is paragliding? Paragliding is a sport in which participants fly customised parachutes to increase their gliding skills. Paragliders, unlike their near relatives, hang gliders, have no structural construction; the parachute canopy functions as a wing and is made up of fabric cells with front apertures that allow them to be filled by air movement.
Best Time For Paragliding In Solang Valley
Solang Valley is located on hilly slopes, it gets a lot of snow throughout the winter. Winter is ideal for skiing, however, paragliding is not recommended due to the harsh climatic conditions. In Solang valley, paragliding is prohibited during the monsoon season. Summer is generally the best time to go paragliding in Solang Valley. Summer temperatures range from ten degrees to twenty-five degrees Celsius. This type of environment promotes good weather, which is ideal for paragliding. You may go paragliding in Solang Valley any time between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM to enjoy the beautiful scenery down.
How To Reach Solang Valley
Solang Valley is accessible by air, train, and road. You can reach Solang valley by any of the available options according to your choice.
- By Air: The closest airport to Solang Valley is Kullu Manali Airport, which is located in Bhuntar. The valley is 63 kilometres away, and you may travel there by taxi or cab soon you get off the plane at the airport. The journey to the valley will take around 2 hours only.
- By Train: Joginder Nagar Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Solang Valley, at a distance of 175 kilometres from the valley. You may rent a cab or taxi to travel to the valley once you get off the train at the station.
- By Road: Solang Valley is connected to the rest of the country via a well-developed road network. In reality, there are a lot of buses running frequently between Manali and Delhi. If you want to travel in comfort, you can take a private bus, or if you’re on a budget, you can take a state bus. You may also book a semi-sleeper bus if you wish to go overnight. Alternatively, if you don’t mind driving, you may bring your own car.
Paragliding In Solang Valley: All You Need To Know
- Depending on the weather conditions for the day, the timings normally begin around 9 AM and continue till 6 PM.
- There are different levels of charging for paragliding. 1 from the top, and 1 from the middle. The top package costs roughly INR 3000 per person, while the middle one costs around INR 1000 per person.
- Regardless of the season, paragliders enjoy flying. However, the greatest seasons for paragliding in Solang Valley are January to May and October to December, when all required safety precautions and ideal weather conditions are in effect for a flawless experience in the sky. Paragliding is restricted during monsoon season; therefore, checking in with the operator before organising a trip during that time is advisable.
Why Paragliding In Solang Valley Is Best?
Paragliding in Solang valley is the best option to transform your cool wish into a true bone-chilling experience of floating over the sky. When you prefer to fly, you want the most exciting view of nature. That is just what Solang Valley has to offer. Each paragliding experience in the Solang valley promises an amazing view of snow-capped mountains and a refreshing air. Solang Valley is one of India’s most popular tourist sites.
What Does Paragliding In Solang Valley Cost?
Paragliding is costly at Solang Valley since there is no other option to get to the jump site but by ropeway. The best paragliding places in Solang charge roughly INR 1000 per person for a low fly and INR 3200 per person for a high fly, with additional ropeway fees. The short journey takes less than a minute, and the fee may be negotiated to INR 600. The greater paragliding experience lasts around 4 minutes, and the fee may be reduced to INR 2900 per person with good bargaining. The price varies depending on the number of people in the crowd. In the middle of the day, the cost of high-level paragliding reduces to INR 1500 per person.
Read more – natives daily
Best Paragliding Agencies In Solang Valley
Apart from its scenic beauty, the valley provides a variety of exciting outdoor activities to keep a holiday vacation exciting and adventurous. There are many agencies which offer Paragliding, we will mention only a few of them.
- Monal Adventure
- Solang Valley Adventures
- Solang Valley Sports Center
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute
- Paragliding Solang Valley Center
Types Of Paragliding In Solang Valley
- Individual paragliding in the Solang Valley
- Solang Valley Paragliding Package Deals
- Solang Valley paragliding packages are available on-site.
- Depending on your level of experience, you can go paragliding at Solang Valley.
Things To Pack For Paragliding In Solang Valley
- Always have printed copies of the required travel documents with you.
- Carry a first-aid kit, as well as any necessary medications, a water bottle, and snacks.
- Identity cards given by the government are very basic and must be packed with you whenever you go on vacation.
- If you’re going paragliding in the summer, light gear like full-sleeved t-shirts and sweatshirts are ideal. However, strong woollen clothing and shoes are required in the cold.
- A camera with enough batteries, dark polarised sunglasses with retainers, sunscreen lotion and moisturising lotion, an umbrella, and good rubber-soled shoes are all essential goods to have on hand.
Safety Tips For Paragliding
Before you set off, it’s a good idea to know a few suggestions. This is necessary for a safe and enjoyable trip to and from the earth. The majority of instructions will come from the professionals and authorities in charge, but a little pre-research never hurts. Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind while flying high in the sky.
- Any broken or damaged item will be charged at full price.
- Please dress comfortably for this activity. It’s also a good idea to wear long pants or trousers.
- Sharp objects, lighters, bags, alcohol, knives, and other similar things are prohibited from being carried to the venue.
- Examine the tools, as well as the status of the helmets. Examine their safety gear to check if it’s of good quality. Say yes to flying only if you’re satisfied with the condition of your flight equipment.
- Paragliding is not suggested for women who are more than three months pregnant, people who have had major surgery, people who have a broken leg or arm, people who have severe back or neck difficulties, and so on.