Most of the email clients like Entourage, Thunderbird, Gmail, Apple Mail, etc., use the MBOX file extension. All the emails along with attachments are saved in MBOX file format. But, opening an MBOX file is a big task when we switch to some new device and email client. So, do you also want to know methods to view MBOX file in multiple email clients or without any email client? Yes, then don’t panic.
In this write-up, we are going to mention different methods to view MBOX file with and without email clients. Stay connected till the end of this blog to know the best solutions in no time.
Professionally View MBOX File Without Any Email Client
Free MBOX Viewer Wizard is one of the most popular tools to open and view MBOX files in an effortless manner. Using this advanced and independent software the user can easily read the attachments. The tool also provides 2 browsing modes like file and folder mode for user convenience. Before mentioning the features of the tool, let’s check out the procedure to use this outstanding tool:-
Step 1:- Firstly, install and run the professional Software.
Step 2:- In the software panel, hit the “Add File” button to insert the MBOX files.
Step 3:- Choose the MBOX files and click on the “Next” button.
Step 4:- Click on the “…” icon and select any MBOX file and hit the “Open” option.
Step 5:- At last, hit the “Process” button to complete the procedure.
Outstanding Features of Automated Approach
In this section, we will be mentioning some of the advanced features of the tool:-
- Provides an option to view all the attachments
- Tool always maintains the file structure hierarchy
- Gives a feature to add a folder of MBOX files
- Allows to install the freeware tool on multiple systems and laptops
- Supports to display a preview of MBX and MBS files of different email clients
- Gives a feature to analyze MBOX files in-depth for forensic investigations
- Users can view the item count of all the MBOX files items
- The wizard is available for Windows 11, 10, and all the prior versions
- Works with MBOX, MBX, and MBS files of different email clients like Opera Mail, Thunderbird, etc.
- Supports to explore and read MBOX files on PC without using any email client
- The user gets multiple previewing modes such as HTML, RTF, and Hex
- Provides both the File and Folder mode
Manually Import MBOX File
Users can go with the professional approach to open an MBOX file. Using the free automated method, users can easily view MBOX file without using any other email client. But if you still want to try the manual approach you can go through the below-mentioned methods:-
Access MBOX File Using Apple Mail
Users can open the MBOX files using the Apple Mail email client, follow the steps given below to do this:-
- Open the Mac Mail app and hit the “Files” option
- Choose the “Import Mailboxes” option to view the .mbox file.
- A dialog box will appear, select the “File in MBOX format” option and tap on the “Continue” option.
- Search for the MBOX files and hit the select option.
- Now, the import process will be completed, and a message will pop up. After that, hit the “Done” button.
Use ThunderBird to View MBOX File
Go through the steps given below to use ThunderBird mailing application to read MBOX file:-
- The first step is to open the folder in which you want to import the MBOX file to ThunderBird.
- Click on the “Tools” option from the menu bar and select the “ImportExportTool NG” option.
- Select the “Import MBOX File” option.
- After that, you need to choose the “Import directly one or more MBOX files” option.
- Go to the “Ok” button and search the MBOX file at the specified location.
- Finally, you will see all the MBOX files.
Note:- To use the ThunderBird application, users need to install an add-on named “ImportExportTool NG”. And after installing the add-on, you need to restart the application.
View MBOX File Using Entourage
Follow the below-mentioned steps to read the MBOX file using Entourage:-
- Firstly, you need to transfer the data from Windows OS to Mac OS using any external hard drive or pen drive.
- After transferring the data, open the “File Tab” and click on the “Import Option” button.
- Now, select the “Contacts or Messages from Text File” option.
- Click on the “Import messages from an MBOX” option
- At last, search the MBOX file and hit the “OK” option
Alternatively, you can also use the below-mentioned method to view MBOX file in Entourage.
You just need to drag and drop the MBOX file in the Entourage Message window.
Limitations of Manual Methods
- The manual methods are extremely lengthy as compared to professional software.
- More time is consumed using the manual process.
- Non-technical users can also lose theirs as manual procedures are a bit complicated.
In the above article, we have mentioned multiple methods to view MBOX file in multiple email clients. You can go with any of the methods as per your requirements. But as we discussed above, the manual approach has some major limitations. So to avoid those, you can go with the professional approach.