“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together”, said Vincent Van Gogh. Similarly, fleet management software brings a combination of solutions together to help you make a bigger impact. These solutions work in sync with each other and have a direct impact on fleet efficiency.
Telematics has evolved beyond live tracking. Various GPS tracking software providers are offering complete fleet management solutions that collectively impact the bottom line of the business.
What Fleet Management solutions work in favour of Fleet Efficiency?
Fleet Management is a multi-stream job. It includes many aspects other than just vehicle tracking. When there are hundreds of vehicles in the fleet it becomes impossible to manually monitor every vehicle and driver. That is where fleet monitoring software comes in.
Solutions that form a whole:
1. Fuel Monitoring System
- Fuel Monitoring Solutions offer real-time fuel level monitoring. Other than level tracking it also monitors when and where the fuel was refilled. The manager receives the alert when the fuel tank is about to drain or a sudden drop in a fuel level is detected.
2. Driver Behaviour Monitoring Software
- Driver Behaviour Monitoring system plays a crucial role in enhancing fleet efficiency. It records every move of the driver. The manager gets a notification whenever the driver applies harsh brakes or accelerates abruptly. The software also reports the event of harsh cornering. The driver rating is deduced by considering these factors and some more factors
3. Route Planning Solutions
- As the name suggests, route planning is all about creating cost-effective routes, planning tours, and managing trips. The managers receive an alert if a driver deviates from the assigned route. They get the real-time ETA for the next delivery and proof of delivery when the delivery is done.
4. Service and Management
- Maintain the log of services and document renewals of each vehicle on the software. Receive reminders when the services and renewals are due. Keep unforeseen vehicle breakdowns at bay. Keep your fleet in pristine form because you have robust fleet management software having your back.
5. Vehicle Safety Solutions
- The safety of vehicles is one of the factors that impact fleet efficiency heavily. Vehicle theft or stolen parts of the vehicle can bring down the profit margins. Features such as battery disconnection alerts, parking mode, and immobilization ensure complete vehicle safety.
Data Plays the Key Role in Boosting Fleet Efficiency
Data is the brick that forms the walls of the above-mentioned solutions, that eventually build the complete house of fleet management software.
You get real-time data on the app around the clock. The software simultaneously generates reports of every move of vehicles. You may opt for weekly/monthly or quarterly reports. Advanced fleet management software such as TrackoBit also presents further analysis of these reports that help you make profitable business decisions.
- The most fuel-consuming vehicles. Top vehicles with the best fuel average.
- Analyze the degrading performance of the vehicle.
- Shortlist the most badly performing drivers and train them to drive safely.
- Plan cost-effective routes that pose less traffic and better route density.
- Do not forget to service your vehicle on time to avoid breakdowns
- Timely license and permit renewals will help avoid challans.
Go for the new-age Telematics
We live in a tech-supported supply chain industry and it is smart to opt for a new-age fleet management software that offers a good mix of solutions. Such established software providers also offer white label fleet management solutions that come with your custom branding. Go for the package that meets all your business needs.
Leave a Reply