Even though the QuickBooks application is a widely-known accounting solution that helps all types of businesses manage their finances effectively, the software incurs a plethora of technical issues due to which the performance of QB can get affected. At times, your QuickBooks freezes when opening, and it happens unexpectedly. Thus, instead of panicking, you must troubleshoot it as soon as possible. We are going to explain to you some common reasons that trigger the problem along with the two best methods to resolve it. To understand everything in attribute, read this article till the ending.
Have you been looking for solutions to unfreeze your QuickBooks program? Directly consult our team of QuickBooks certified experts via our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 for quick help.
Why Do You Face QuickBooks Crashed Error?
Are you trying to figure out the reason behind the issue? Then go through the enlisted points below-
- Your QuickBooks Desktop can freeze if there has been any problem with the installation of the software. For example, corrupt or incomplete installation can result in such a glitch.
- Check for the QBWUSER.ini file as it might have been severely damaged or even corrupted.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 185
What is the Process of Fixing the Frozen QuickBooks Desktop?
This part of the blog will explain to you two ways of rectifying the given error completely-
SOLUTION 1: Fix the Problem By Renaming the QBWUSER.ini File
- To start with, move to the location of the QBWUSER.ini file.
- After you reach the folder from the list of files, search for QBWUSER.ini.
- Once you locate it, right-click on the file and then select the ‘Rename’ option.
- To modify, add the word ‘.old’ at the extreme end of the file name.
- To confirm and save the new name, press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Now, in a similar way, you must change the name of the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- After you are done, quit the folder and try to launch the QuickBooks Desktop to check if the issue has been resolved or not.
SOLUTION 2: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub to Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Make sure your QuickBooks is not running on the desktop.
- From Intuit’s website, download the current version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- As you finish downloading the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file, save it to an appropriate location.
- In the next step, run the downloaded file.
- Now, go through the prompted instructions for installing the application.
- After that, agree to the terms and conditions by checkmarking the relevant checkbox.
- Next, open the tool hub and tap on the ‘Installation Issues’ menu.
- Further, hit the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ button.
- Once the tool fixes the issue, start your QB program.
We would like to end the blog here. By now, you must have a clear comprehension of what to do if your QuickBooks freezes when opening. Moreover, all the given debugging processes have been tested so that you do not face any other faults while fixing the error. However, if you continue to receive the problem or have any further queries about the same, call us at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 to seek immediate help.
You may read also : QuickBooks error 1904
Leave a Reply