A fashion sketch is a key skill that you need to master to become a fashion designer. A fashion sketch shows the technical details of your design and its colorways, as well as how it should look. Sketches are the first step to bringing your design into reality.
A croquis is a sketch in the blank fashion design templates. A croquis, which is French for sketch, is a sketch of a figure in a pose that resembles a model. You will use it to sketch your designs and display them. A croquis’ body proportions are often exaggerated to show a model’s typical body. The body should be approximately 9 heads higher than the long drawn.
You should have a plan of action based on your trend research before you begin sketching. Before you start sketching your croquis, you should:
- A soft-lead pencil should have a hardness of 4b to 6b. These pencils are not too thick and leave less indentation on the paper. They are also easy to erase.
- You should choose a pose that best showcases your fashion design templates. If you want to highlight details on trousers, for example, the croquis should stand with their legs out.
For beginners, it is easiest to trace over an existing template or sketch to draw a croquis. It may take some practice to be able to draw one from scratch. These are some things you should remember when drawing croquis.
- Start by drawing a line that is balanced on your paper. This will ensure you have the right proportions and symmetry.
- Divide the balance line into 9 equal sections. This will represent the body’s length.
- Draw the pelvic area first, just below where the balance line crosses.
- Draw your torso, and shoulders and curve in at the waist.
- The neck should not be more than half the length of your head. Your head size should match the rest of your body.
- The legs should be approximately four times as long as the head. The feet should be approximately the same length as your head.
- A typical croquis’ arms are usually longer than normal.
A croquis is a way to show off your design. Your design should be the main focus. Make sure to include as much detail as you can. This is what you should do:
- Design research and trend;
- Use your mood board to get inspiration.
- Add finer details to your drawings, such as darts and seams.
- Add colorways;
- Add accessories to complete your look.
Drawing and sketching skills can be practiced anywhere and everywhere. You can draw, sketch, observe, draw, or draw fabrics from a sketchbook. Take it everywhere you go, and you’ll be able to draw whenever the inspiration strikes. How do you get started in fashion illustration?
Leave a Reply