If you intend to have the perfect house, you should always check that your roof will be done right. If your roof is leaking, it can destroy even the most beautiful houses. As a consequence, making the right choices of shingles roof for your house will prove to be advantageous.
This is the part which decides if you will be perpetually troubled by a roof that is prone to leaking and has a restricted life span, or be a happy possessor of water-proof, weather-proof and long-lasting roofing that will require the smallest amount of preservation.
Your choice takes into consideration many things. You should consider the normal weather of the place where your house is built and the materials that make up your existing roof. You may also check the local building standards and conditions. Look for popular styles and trends in house roof as these are commonly the first thing that people check.
A lot of people had only several options before when it comes to choosing the right material for roof shingles. Nowadays, there is a wide variety of materials to choose from Commercial Roofing Auckland.
Due to technological improvements, people have lots of options in terms of strength, appearance, value, finish, color, form etc to meet everyone’s individual requirements and preferences.
A wide variety of colors and types of house roof materials are accessible, each with its own advantages, functions and disadvantages. On most cases, roofing will be a visual option, but having the right roof for the right weather may also save time and money. Below are the types of roofs and their advantages.
- An asphalt shingle is one of the most extensively used since it is fairly economical and quite easy to install. Asphalt shingles can last up to 15 to 30 years.
- Wooden roof shingles are light, made with plain tools, and can be installed without difficulty. It provides a natural look and has a life span of 30 to 50 years. Though, they are pricey and are not fireproof unless treated.
- Metal roofs come in various colors and styles and are sturdy; they can reach up to 50 years and more. They do not need a lot of repairs, but are difficult to install and aren’t cheap.
- Tile roof is designed primarily for rainy weather, and is usually made from locally accessible materials such as clay or slate. Contemporary materials such as concrete and plastic are also used and some clay tiles have a waterproof finish. You can choose from a variety of colors and styles and they are fire-resistant.
- Slate is mainly appropriate as a roof material as it has a very low water absorption index of less than four percent. It is very resistant to frost damage and crack due to freezing. It has a longer lifespan.
When choosing the right roof material, the style and color of your home should always be considered. If roof repair is necessary, you can match the roof material with the current one with no trouble. These materials are abundant so you will not have any problems looking for one.
If you are having a home custom built you will also be choosing a new home roof in the process. If the home is in a housing development you may only be able to choose the color of the roof tiles.
If the development is in Southern California the new home roof will most likely be made of concrete tiles. If the home is in a high end housing development it may have a clay tile roof or perhaps a concrete tile roof made to look like the classic red Spanish tile roof both in color and shape.
And if it is a concrete tile it probably is a lighter weight tile than a real red tile roof component.
In developments in other areas of the country you may get a combination of different roofing materials on a new home roof, including asphalt shingles.
If you are having a custom home built for yourself then you can really choose just about any type of roofing material that is available. There is a custom built round house with a somewhat pitched round roof sitting up in the hills in Palm Springs, California that has a reflective copper roof and as you drive by with the sun hitting it just right the roof seems to glow. And metal roofs which include copper are a possibility for a new home.
The major downside to having a copper roof installed is the cost factor. However if you are spending the money in building a high quality custom home then choosing copper for the roof is always an option. Actually a copper roof is a good choice as it is does not corrode and can withstand extreme weather conditions and it also will last a life time Bungalow Roofing Auckland .
The material is flexible and can be formed to cover just about any architectural style of home.
One thing about building a custom home is when choosing the new roof, in many communities there are building codes that may restrict your roofing material choice. Your architect will be able to tell you what you can do in these communities.
Other options of roofing materials for custom homes is slate, or a slate composite, cedar shake, authentic red tiles, asphalts shingles, other metals among others. One issue with cedar shake is because of the real fire danger some communities require pressure treated fire retardant shake on a new home roof.