Among all the company file errors, the QuickBooks error H303 is one of the most common technical issues encountered when a user attempts to operate the data file in the multi-user mode. Instead, it receives a warning message, stating, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting”. So, to debug this problem effectively and instantly, we have curated this blog for you. Go through and give it a complete read as the final section of the blog explains two different methods of fixing the issue.
If you want to clarify any questions related to the QuickBooks data file error H303, immediately seek help from our team of pro advisors via 1.855.738.2784.
What Gives Rise to the QuickBooks Company File Error Code H303?
Refer to the following reasons to understand which factors are responsible for the specified data file error-
- The incorrect setup of the QuickBooks services might be one of the causes of the issues.
- If the hosting setup on both server and workstation is not accurate, then you come across such a problem.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error PS033
Is there a Way to Rectify the Data File Error Message H303 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Have you been searching for ideal solutions for the error H303 but struggling to find one? Then go through the fixing methods explained below-
SOLUTION 1: Validate the QuickBooks Services on the Server Computer
- Access the Run command on the host computer.
- In the area provided, type in ‘Services.msc’.
- Now, press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard to open the services window.
- In the next step, you are required to look for ‘QuickBooksDBXX’ and then click twice on it.
- Further, choose the startup type as ‘Automatic’.
- If you see that the service status is not functioning, then click on the ‘Start’ button.
- From the ‘Recovery’ tab, choose ‘First failure’, ‘Second failure’, and ‘Subsequent failure’.
- Under all these drop-down menus, opt for the ‘Restart the Service’ option.
- Confirm and save the changes by tapping on the ‘Apply’ button and then ‘OK’.
- Use these same steps for QBCFMonitorService’.
- To complete the process, run QB on each workstation and tap ‘Switch to Multi-user Mode’ from the ‘File’ menu.
SOLUTION 2: Verify the Hosting Setup On the Host Computer and Workstations
- Start QuickBooks on a workstation and move the cursor to ‘Utilities’ under the ‘File’ section.
- If the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-user Access’ option is available, click on it.
- Else, move to another workstation and follow this same set of instructions.
- Now, after verifying on every workstation, move to the server computer.
- Run the QuickBooks Desktop and then tap on the ‘File’ tab.
- Go to ‘Utilities’ and opt for the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option, if available.
We have tried our best to convey to you the most appropriate information about the QuickBooks error H303. If a situation comes up when you face difficulty in following the solutions that we have described here, have a word with one of the experienced professionals through our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784. Our entire team is within reach round the clock to guide you through until you successfully eliminate the problem.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Leave a Reply