The QuickBooks software comes under top accounting tools, which also saves time for companies. So, sometimes when a user implements software, the QuickBooks software triggers Error Code 1625 when executing the Microsoft Installer. The QuickBooks error code 1625 also triggers when the computer shuts down or starts and when Windows Installer is installed or downloaded. To fix these kinds of problems, disable non-administrators prohibition, Configure the user access control, modify the restriction policy of software, and refresh obsolete drivers.
What Triggers the Error Code 1625 of QuickBooks?
Here are a few causes why QuickBooks Error Code 1625 triggers QuickBooks:
- If any harmful virus triggers framework records/ Windows registry Units.
- The user isn’t signed into QuickBooks as an administrator.
- Corrupt or damaged installation of Windows Installer programming.
- Any other program erases the records of Windows Installer.
- There is an error while registering the windows.
- If the framework arrangements of Window Installer block, the programming refreshes.
When does the Error Code 1625 trigger?
- It triggers if QuickBooks have got updated recently.
- Whenever Windows is being installed on the computer.
- It triggers when there is a sudden start & shut down of windows immediately.
- When beginning with the program.
- Whenever any unverified user gets access to QuickBooks.
Techniques to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 1625
There are various procedures to fix Error Code 1625 in QuickBooks; now, let’s check these steps explained below:
Step 1: Verify the Outdated Gadget Drivers
Look after the outdated Gadget Drivers that do not have Error Code 1625 of QuickBooks. You need to refresh the drive to get it fixed. The issue will occur if any conflicting driver is used—vital significant gadget parts drivers through drivers doc.
Step 2: Setting up the Windows
This step might differ between Windows XP & Windows 7,8 and 10. SO, let’s discuss both:
For the Windows 7, 8,10 & 11:
- Open the “Run” Windows.
- Navigate to the window “Local Computer Policy” & click on the computer configuration.
- Now, go to the administrative template.
- After fulfilling the abovementioned steps, open the Windows installer from windows components.
- Then, click on the option “prohibit the non-administrators” and select the option “disabled” & “ok.”
For the Windows XP:
- Open the “Run” Window and type the phrase “gpedit.MSC”.
- Then, click on “OK.”
- Go to the window “local computer policy” & click on “Computer Configuration.”
- Now, navigate to the admin template & then to Windows Components, as well as click on “Windows installer.”
- By applying updates to the signed vendor, double click on “prohibit non-administrators.”
- Finally, go to disables options & select “OK.”
Step 3: Change the settings of UAC
This is another solution to fix QuickBooks update error code 1625.
- On the start tab, type the phrase “MSCONFIG” and enter.
- If it displays the User access control window, click on “Continue.”
- Now go to tools, “Change User Access Control settings,” & click on the “launch” tab.
- In this, choose the “never notify” option.
- Lastly, reboot the whole system.
Step 4: Setting up the Software Restrictions Policy
Configure the Software Restriction Policy if the above procedures have not worked to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1625. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, open the Control panel and go to Admin tools.
- Click “Next”, and then click “security settings” and select software restriction policies.
- If the user cannot find any defined policy of software restriction, right-click on the option “software restriction policy node” and select “new software restriction policy.”
- Now, click twice on “enforcement.”
- After the above steps, go to “all users except local admin.”
- Finally, click on “OK” and reboot the computer.
Step 5: Run the Regedit
The last & final method for fixing the QuickBooks Error code 1625. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Navigate to the start button and type the phrase “command.”
(Note: do not hit “Enter Key”)
- Then press the keys “ctrl+shift” and enter.
- On the permission box, press “Yes.”
- “Black box” will pop up with the blinking cursor on it.
- On that box, type the phrase “Regedit” and enter.
- Now click on “Export,” available on the File menu.
- Also, do not forget to mention the backup file name as “Window installer backup.”
- In the next step, go to a selected branch & export the range box.
- Choose the “save” option and save that file with the “.reg” extension.
- Finally, the Window installer backup will be downloaded.
The QuickBooks error code 1625 will be easily solved after following the steps mentioned above. There are plenty of solutions available which will be enough for solving this issue in no time. However, if the above-given methods didn’t worked for you then, we request you to get in touch with Axpert Advisors team for an instant resolution.